jbtdotcom

Administrator

• johnbutlertrio.com
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

APRIL UPRISING – LIMTED EDITION – WHITE VINYL

1 of 1,000 copies – Individually Numbered – 24-bit Remaster

PRE-ORDER NOW! – Shipping begins by Tues 29th November

Vinyls are $40 (+s&h) each or $35 (+s&h) when buying more than 1 copy (limit of 4 per order)

Available exclusively online from:

http://jbt.musicplug.me

Posted Image

#2 Chinaski

Chinaski

Advanced Member

• Membership
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

Yay, I ordered mine. Does this mean I'll get low numbers and/or clear vinyl?

#3 jbtdotcom

jbtdotcom

Administrator

• johnbutlertrio.com
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Yay, I ordered mine. Does this mean I'll get low numbers and/or clear vinyl?

All the vinyls for sale at the moment are white. They'll start from number 151 (that's the first white one) so any number under 250 is within the first 100 white vinyl.

The first 150 are on clear vinyl but they are reserved for the band as we normally do it BUT we will probably have a few dozen clear vinyl on sale early next year but it's not a guarantee.
Usually we don't sell any of the clear ones at all but we got 150 pressed instead of 100 so we could hopefully get some out to fans.

#4 Chinaski

Chinaski

Advanced Member

• Membership
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Ok, thanks. Feel free to slip in a clear vinyl to the first 50 people that ordered then :)
  • Shenay likes this

#5 JBT#1

JBT#1

• Membership
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

Ah oh Tom, did you run all this by Aaron first???

One of the few times I'm thankful that I have to get up at 3am for work.

Thanks for everyone's hard work that went into making this a reality!
  • devannah likes this

#6 Davidson

Davidson

• Membership
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

I hear ya JTB#1.. up bright and early sucks sometimes, but when you check your inbox and get a message that pre-orders are on, that makes it all the better :D

#7 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Ummmmmmmm ... where do we order the SOS editions that were mentioned months ago?

Just remember... some of us are genuine collectors and not resellers looking to profit.

#8 earthbound child

earthbound child

JBT Expert

• Super Membership
  • 531 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN a.k.a MUSIC CITY!!!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Ah oh Tom, did you run all this by Aaron first???

One of the few times I'm thankful that I have to get up at 3am for work.

Thanks for everyone's hard work that went into making this a reality!

Nooooo, he most certainly did not!!! LOL.
:mellow: YOU ARE NOT FUNNY ;)

#9 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Ummmmmmmm ... where do we order the SOS editions that were mentioned months ago?

Just remember... some of us are genuine collectors and not resellers looking to profit.

Hello ? The limited number of SOS that were promised upon release of AU

?????

#10 earthbound child

earthbound child

JBT Expert

• Super Membership
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

I AGREE!!! ^^^^^^ Go Misha!!!

#11 Bombora

Bombora

• Membership
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:53 AM

Can't wait to get this. Vinyls are always top notch. Thanks to everyone involved.

#12 jbtdotcom

jbtdotcom

Administrator

• johnbutlertrio.com
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

?????

Promised??????

#13 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

Promised??????

Hi Plarocks,

The official April Uprising vinyl is getting final touches and will be released soon. Currently there is a French release of it, but its only the CD quality on vinyl.

Sunrise Over Sea was released and there's no plans to re-release it at this time. There LIMITED quantities of it that have been stashed away and will be on MusicPlug when April Uprising vinyl is released, but will be priced as a collectible. First-come, first-serve basis. Sign up for the newsletter for updates.

As for Grand National, your best bet is ebay when one pops up. They go for $200+ USD.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Paul

http://johnbutlertri...find-jbt-vinyl/

#14 Chinaski

Chinaski

Advanced Member

• Membership
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Wonder how long these will take to sell out? I thought there'd be a lot more activity here once these came up for sale, but everyone must be waiting until they're all sold out before posting here asking if people want to sell theirs...

#15 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

Wonder how long these will take to sell out? I thought there'd be a lot more activity here once these came up for sale, but everyone must be waiting until they're all sold out before posting here asking if people want to sell theirs...

Ahhhhh yes. The profiteers.

There is a big difference between a 'collector' and an 'accumulator' too.

Some are never satisfied.

I am in at least doing the right thing. Last time I picked up limited edition collectable coins, upon the advice of another collector who some how missed out, I sold on the spare copy [bought 2] at the issue cost... not the inflated asking price others were looking for two days later.

My mind is clear in doing the right thing ethically.

Oh... and last place I'd seek to pick up a copy is on the likes of evilBay.

#16 P-Man

P-Man

JBT Aficionado

• Moderators
  • 2040 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

Firstly misha, that was 9 months ago and things change, plans change. There was no promise ever made, it was just a possibility.

Secondly, this is the quote I think you were looking for. This is what Tom said:

We might have a couple SoS vinyl up when April Uprising goes up. They'll be priced as a collectable since there's only a couple that have been stashed away. First to hit up musicplug when we announce the April Uprising vinyl will have the chance to buy them - they'll be expensive but if you can find one elsewhere then get it!
(Don't ask me to keep one aside - Aaron i'm looking at you here! - you've already got one anyway) )

http://johnbutlertrio.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1189-jbt-vinyl/

See misha, no promise.

#17 daniel-hos181

daniel-hos181

• Membership
  • PipPipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

anyone after the GN and sunrise vinyls, i have a copy of each on ebay at the moment

http://www.ebay.com....=1&_from=&_ipg=

#18 my_scatterheart

my_scatterheart

• Membership
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

These threads are always such a bummer. I'm still really irked by the high prices of those resold vinyls. I draw the line at $100 for a vinyl copy of anything, no matter how much I love it. It's crazy, really. I wish more than anything that I had had the nearly $100 to spend on GN when it came out, but I had a lot going on. Now there's no hope of ever getting it for a reasonable price. It stinks to be in the U.S. and have to pay shipping that equals the cost of the vinyl itself :/ Pricey, pricey. April Uprising was my xmas present to myself, grateful in that respect :) Hope all who ordered enjoy it.
  • misha likes this

#19 Shenay

Shenay

Super Member 200

• Membership
  • 497 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

Yes! I just made it to white vinyl. I am number 248 haha

#20 89vision

89vision

• Membership
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

I received mine yesterday in the states as well, #233

#21 my_scatterheart

my_scatterheart

• Membership
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

hmm wonder when I'll get mine :(

#22 P-Man

P-Man

JBT Aficionado

• Moderators
  • 2040 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

Mine just arrived! Yahoo! :D

#23 earthbound child

earthbound child

JBT Expert

• Super Membership
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=110793603040

Also, just got my AU vinyls.....I thought there would be a book or something with them? :(

#24 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=110793603040

Also, just got my AU vinyls.....I thought there would be a book or something with them? :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCU3HXNGaAw

Money can't buy back all your youth when you're old,
a friend when you're lonely, or peace to your soul.
The wealthiest person, is a pauper at times
compared to the man with a satisfied mind.

Ahhhhh yes. The profiteers.

There is a big difference between a 'collector' and an 'accumulator' too.

Some are never satisfied.

My mind is clear in doing the right thing ethically.

Oh... and last place I'd seek to pick up a copy is on the likes of evilBay.

#25 earthbound child

earthbound child

JBT Expert

• Super Membership
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

I am not trying to use anyone misha, please understand that I am a collector and not an accumulator....I am just needing a bit of money for the Christmas season as our economy here in US fricking sucks ass. I always buy three vinyls of each of JBT. One to play, one to have john sign, and one to stash for later but I have to find a little extra money soon so I can buy for my family. I am sorry if my posting this offends anyone, if any of you actually knew me, you would know that I mean well.

Edited by earthbound child, 13 December 2011 - 12:24 PM.

#26 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Anyone who knows me well over time, knows that I have a background in Political activism and my bullshit detector is finely tuned as a result.... and that I have a very good clear long term memory. Enough said?

On the topic of vinyl, I clearly remember what a flawed format vinyl records are, having grown up with the damn things and having to replace many a fave album due to damage. It canot be claimed that discs made for a consumer market between the 60's - 80's were of high standard, capable of exceeding the reproduction capacity of the digital age. The claim of 'better' comes from the crappy job record Co's did of remastering those albums into a digital CD format. In so many cases it was very shoddy. Not all record Co's did such slack work.
I have no modern romantic attraction to the format unlike some have these days. I may have the equipment needed to get decent sound reproduction out of them and that is far from being pseudo-hifi sold today new or stuff made in the 70's, 80's 90's for a general domestic market that I'm sure most of the modern romantic affected use.
I'm not fooling myself that the format is 'better'... and it certainly isn't in terms of convenience over CD or DVD thats for sure.
You can't even do a 'blind test' to tell the difference between LP and CD/DVD format... the static,dust, & tracking error inherent with a standard phono setup reveals the difference... then the subjective bias comes into play, having people claim a 'better'.

I know this analogue vs digital format 'argument' well... I sure know of many dogmatic types that will insist their LP's are better despite the truth of the matter... that all recordings these days are done in a digital format and that audio processing has been done in even the analogue recording since electric recordings were first done in the 1920's... and that the 'Standard' for compensation for that [RIAA] is far from accurate and Standard across all production over the years. The question I put to some is... How bloody dogmatic do you want to be? ...and, At your age [most of these people are rich old men with buckets of money who still warm their hands over valve amps] how good is you hearing now at your age and are you capable of telling the difference anyway now? Ha, even funnier is that some of these people have been gun toting yanks who have certainly damaged their hearing by the use of such weapons for fun. Thats how absurd this can get.

#27 jbtdotcom

jbtdotcom

Administrator

• johnbutlertrio.com
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

Listening to music used to be an experience you'd find time for, you had to set it up, you had to change it. The vinyl became part of a ritual. It's like reading a book vs watching the remake. Some people still like that experience even thou it takes longer and requires more attention.
There's more reasons to love a vinyl than just having the ears or equipment to get the best sound out of it.
We need to keep an analogue source for when the sun EMPs our digital drives to 0!
Vinyl fits the bill, it'll last the test of time like a cockroach.

#28 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

LOL yep, I've heard that before.

Look, no offence, some of what you post there does have that 'romantic' argument to it... and I've too many vinyl albums that have been sun/heat affected.

On a happy note for me, for a long time I have resisted buying a CD edition of an album originally released on vinyl... and subsequently reissued on vinyl in various weight forms. The resistance to buy CD was the fact it had been long OOP ... out of production, and so, extraordinary prices on the secondary market. No way was I to pay the typical $75 for a copy of what could be reissued in CD format in the next week. No way was I going to buy a vinyl edition, purely for the inconvenience of having to A>D convert myself aside of the format I do not enjoy. As for buy an mp3 copy of album... no chance through Rhino because I live outside the USA. Frankly... mp3 way too limited for my liking anyway.
Well, now I do have a copy of that Tim Buckley album, Blue Afternoon, and it was cheap due to recent reissue... it's a dream of an album... truly magic.

One good thing about 12"vinyl... the cover provided a larger canvas for the artwork. Thats about all IMO.

#29 89vision

89vision

• Membership
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

This is just a shame, anyone else see this lunatics listing?
http://www.ebay.com/...ME:B:SS:US:1123

#30 Dave

Dave

"Video Guru"

• Moderators
  • 884 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

im sure nobody will purchase for that price, if they do..than it was only worth it to them...doesnt mean that is what its worth...

A long time ago, someone sold a off color skittle candy on ebay for 100$....doesnt mean it was worth that...but it worth that to some dumbass out there..lol

#31 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

Shall we make that thieving profiteer an offer of AU$40 for it?

Shall we report listing for Copyright infringement on image?

Perhaps lots of questions from lots of people, asking how it could be listed for that much when still being sold from official web site for AU$40. ?

I wonder if this specimen has more than 4 to list?

In cases like this a listing for exactly the same item at a far lower price or disclosing in listing where else it can be had [really an ad for musicplug] tends to blow filthy profiteering capitalist pigs like this out of the water... and it costs them listing fees because the item goes unsold.

More than that can be done to act on stuff like this. Go for it folks.

#32 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

?????

I AGREE!!! ^^^^^^ Go Misha!!!

Haven't you enough already?

#33 jbtdotcom

jbtdotcom

Administrator

• johnbutlertrio.com
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

That's greasy.
Hopefully someone with enough money to buy that also has enough brains to check the bands website first.

I've been thinking about the THREE vinyl which i think will be even more popular than any we've released so far.
I'd like to really make that one as high class as possible, really go to town on it. Have a $200+ price tag on it, but it's completely pimped out.
The higher budget we have, the better we can make it but the less of them we can make.
If we did it at that price level then we'd only make around 200 or so but we'd probably have enough in the budget to be able to have each copy customised with the buyers name embossed on the back cover rather than a number.

That might sort the wheat from the chaff.

#34 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

That's greasy.
Hopefully someone with enough money to buy that also has enough brains to check the bands website first.

I've been thinking about the THREE vinyl which i think will be even more popular than any we've released so far.
I'd like to really make that one as high class as possible, really go to town on it. Have a $200+ price tag on it, but it's completely pimped out.
The higher budget we have, the better we can make it but the less of them we can make.
If we did it at that price level then we'd only make around 200 or so but we'd probably have enough in the budget to be able to have each copy customised with the buyers name embossed on the back cover rather than a number.

That might sort the wheat from the chaff.

Greasy alright.... and there are more than the ways I suggested to draw attention to the fact by those looking at buying from such a source.
Bonus is that you draw attention to other market sources.... set up an 'about me' page which provides links back to you or even this web site.

The 'parallel listing' way is probably the least underhanded. Fact is, if people put in the correct search terms it will bring up that listing as
well as any other that severely undercuts the 'greasy ones'. Just get the timing right so they sit along side each other under 'ending soonest' listing of items.

Interesting option in relation to 'Three'. Made to order in a way. Unfortunate such has to be undertaken. Of course it would be 'easier' to market these at a much higher level.. ie. 1st Editions of 2,000 or even 2nd Editions that bring secondary market prices back to a realistic level.

Capitalistic market forces hey.... Greed is good? Sorry, I can't agree to that.
Just remember what money can't buy folks.
Perhaps that Jeff Buckley version of Satisfied Mind I posted earlier in a very restrained yet disgusted reply, may help you realise.

#35 Chinaski

Chinaski

Advanced Member

• Membership
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Not sure you're gonna bring down capitalism by diluting demand on someones vinyl listing on ebay...

Shall we make that thieving profiteer an offer of AU$40 for it?

In cases like this a listing for exactly the same item at a far lower price or disclosing in listing where else it can be had [really an ad for musicplug] tends to blow filthy profiteering capitalist pigs like this out of the water...

You're actually just promoting another business which aims to make profits, albeit in a more honest fashion (having actually produced the goods), but a capitalist venture all the same. It all comes down to people making their own judgements about who is a 'filthy pig' and who isn't. Unless you're on a farm somewhere producing all your own food without ever having to purchase goods or services of any kind, nor sell any goods or services, than you're participating in this capitalist society with your own agenda. The only real way within this system to have your say about who should profit and who should not, is by buying with discretion. Bottom line, don't buy it. But you can't stop some other person making their own choice, if you could I would have seen to it that Justin Beiber and countless others never made a cent peddling their crap.

#36 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Not sure you're gonna bring down capitalism by diluting demand on someones vinyl listing on ebay...

Come on... thats not the aim. The aim is to enlighten anyone sucked into that listing that the item is way over current available price elsewhere. Take a close look at the listing... seller can't even quote the edition number [3xxx / 1000] Thats either tardy or seller has multiple of the album in wait to resell at inflated price, using the same listing template for the next one. Of course the first to sell is used to justify asking price for those that follow... ie. to the naive it seeming like the going rate for such albums.

Is that hard to understand? Have you used evilBay and come to know the scams and shams there?

#37 earthbound child

earthbound child

JBT Expert

• Super Membership
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

yeah, the april uprising vinyl is obsurd, i sent that guy a message telling him he was full of it.

i say we have 3 editions of each vinyl. 1st edition will be the normal $40 dollar 1of 1000. the reason i say we stick with the 1 of 1000 is because these are now part of a collection. having one that is more special than the others wouldn't work collection wise.

if there is a "decked out" edition, it would only be right to do a "decked out" edition of all of the albums, to make a collection out of it.........

I AM THINKING......I may take the GN vinyl off of eBay because I really don't want to sell it unless someone gives me an offer I can't refuse......or someone on here wants to make a good offer for it....I much rather sell it to the JBT fam....

Edited by earthbound child, 16 December 2011 - 12:03 AM.

#38 earthbound child

earthbound child

JBT Expert

• Super Membership
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

I am not trying to use anyone misha, please understand that I am a collector and not an accumulator....I am just needing a bit of money for the Christmas season as our economy here in US fricking sucks ass. I always buy three vinyls of each of JBT. One to play, one to have john sign, and one to stash for later but I have to find a little extra money soon so I can buy for my family. I am sorry if my posting this offends anyone, if any of you actually knew me, you would know that I mean well.

.....im really contemplating on taking GN off of EBAY. i feel like it is too much BUT i put the price like that because I really want to get an "unrefusable" offer to let it go.

#39 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

I can't help but wonder what John thinks of this sort of thing... with a recollection of what poverty is like and having to get by with little more than you skills and art on the street... and knowing what 'true values' in life are.

Never mind, I'll only ever feel responsible for my own actions and be happy with that. I hope he adopts the same philosophy.

I did have interest and possible capacity to acquire these albums as a collector, but as a collector the complete set becomes a 'want'.
Circumstances can change quickly here... my higher priority is to move from a toxic environment ASAP. Time is passing and I expect higher cost in transit expenses at this time of year... unexpected delays/complications AND my mistake of taking on too much work for the benefit of others have resulted in this unfortunate timing.
Never mind... so it goes. I'll do my best to change whats in my 'reality bubble'. LOL

But, one thing I will never do is stop questioning the morals and ethics of some people.... nor forget how to effect change.
I'd like to keep on the 'all good and positive' mindset, but it gets difficult when some types of human nature present.

#40 89vision

89vision

• Membership
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

I also made a report to ebay about this April Uprising for listing practices. The title says its 180g, I asked the seller about this, they told me they went and weighed it to confirm and it was indeed 180. We all know this is 160gram.

Edited by 89vision, 16 December 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#41 misha

misha

Forum Elder

• Master Membership
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

I shan't outline some of the underhanded tactics to address clearly dodgy listings that appear on evilBay.

Or should I ? Hmmmmmm

Sometimes you have to look at it as 'things are never 'black & white' .... only shades of grey', which sort of rationalises bad behaviour focused on bad behaviour.

Na... better not go there. LOL

I really would prefer to adopt a different position and mindset.

What about suggestions for some people to undertake introspective review to possibly help themselves?